half-sleeping tagged me (thank you so much, Ghis!); this is late because my net and I are losers.
Rules: In a text post, list ten books (but I guess manga and comics are good as well) that have stayed with you in some way. Don’t take but a few minutes, and don’t think too hard — they don’t have to be the “right” or “great” works, just the ones that have touched you. Tag [ten] friends, including me, so I’ll see your list. Make sure you let your friends know you’ve tagged them.
In no particular order:
1) To Kill A Mockingbird by Nelle Harper Lee
2) Black Beauty by Anna Sewell
3) The Flicka Trilogy by Mary O’Hara
4) Roll of Thunder Hear My Cry by Mildred D. Taylor
5) Tom’s Midnight Garden by Phillipa Pearce
6) The Giver by Lois Lowry
7) The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
8) The Machine Gunners by Robert Westall
9) The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger
10) The Rice Mother by Rani Manicka
Special mention to The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan because ten life-changing books is too short a list.